1. Set your top 5 goals for the day at the beginning of everyday.
2. Don’t let meaningless interuptions derail you from completing those goals.
3. Multi-tasking is not always more efficient. Don’t interupt yourself constantly while trying to complete a task. It is better to hold off on the temptation to check the e-mail that just came in and finish what you started.
4. Do not try to achieve the world each day. Prioritize what is most important and put your energies into those items first. You will probably find you have extra time if you focus.
5. Schedule items you didn’t get to in a block of free time on your upcoming schedule. By mapping out your time you will be able to get more done and be more efficient in how you get it done.