1. Take a step back and take a five-minute break. This can give you increased focus and renew your patience for the projects ahead.
2. Finish the activity you are working on before you begin another one.
3. Take time to write a list and then prioritize. This will refocus you on what you should be working on first.
4. Take a break to put everything around you in simple order. By restacking papers splashed on your desk or throwing away your unfinished lunch that has been sitting on your table since noon you can elimiate the distractions.
5. Remember that what sometimes feels urgent is only a result of pressure you are putting you yourself. Put what is really important in perspective each day.